- 1 Is Toronto more expensive than NYC?
- 2 Is Toronto more expensive than London?
- 3 Where can I go for free in Toronto?
- 4 Where can I take a nap?
- 5 Can you visit Niagara Falls from Toronto?
- 6 Which city is best in Canada for PR?
- 7 Is Jarvis Street Toronto safe?
- 8 Is Jane and Finch safe?
- 9 Is Toronto safer than London?
- 10 Is Toronto safer than New York?
- 11 Is it safe to walk in Toronto at night?
- 12 Which city is safer Toronto or Montreal?
- 13 Is Vancouver better than Toronto?
- 14 Is it cheaper to live in Toronto or London?
- 15 Is NYC better than Toronto?
If you are in town for some general sightseeing, the best place to stay is in the heart of the city center, specifically in the Entertainment District or along Toronto’s beautiful waterfront. One of the most centrally located hotels for sightseeing is the Delta Toronto by Marriott .
Amazingly, is it cheap in Toronto? Living in Toronto, particularly anywhere near downtown, can be expensive. Rents are among the highest in Canada, and other standard monthly expenses such as phone plans, groceries, and transit are not cheap either. … A pint of beer in Toronto can cost you between $7 and $10, depending on where you are.
You asked, where can I sleep in Toronto?
- A napping studio. Yes, this finally exists, so sleepy heads assemble.
- Toronto Reference Library.
- Royal York Hotel.
- The Salt Cave at Hoame.
- Allan Gardens Conservatory.
- The TTC.
- Ryerson SLC.
- A float tank.
Also know, is downtown Toronto safe? Is Downtown Toronto safe? Yes, Downtown is generally safe, even at night or for women alone. Most of the sketchy parts of the city are on its fringes. However, we’d suggest staying aware of your surroundings at all times since every city in the world has a problem with pickpocketing crimes.
Correspondingly, is Harbourfront Toronto safe? It is a very safe area. Might be the “safest” area around town. Its very nice around there, so close to the core of the downtown yet feels like being much farther away from it..
Is Toronto more expensive than NYC?
Cost of living in New York City (United States) is 41% more expensive than in Toronto (Canada)
Is Toronto more expensive than London?
Cost of living in London (United Kingdom) is 40% more expensive than in Toronto (Canada)
Where can I go for free in Toronto?
- Art Gallery of Ontario. A staple of Toronto’s cultural experience is the Art Gallery of Ontario, known as the AGO.
- Aga Khan Museum.
- Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Redpath Sugar Museum.
- Ryerson Image Centre.
- Harbourfront Centre.
- Distillery District.
Where can I take a nap?
- Do you need to take a break and grab some ZZZs but your home is too far away? These locations are accessible and rest-friendly.
- The movie theater. Dim light, comfortable seats and absolute silence: cinemas are a nap paradise.
- The library.
- The furniture store.
- The park.
- The nap bar.
- The work’s desk.
- The subway.
Can you visit Niagara Falls from Toronto?
You can easily visit Niagara Falls from Toronto as a day trip, or stay longer and explore all that the Niagara Region has to offer. Niagara Falls is approximately 130 km (80 miles) southwest of Toronto, an average drive of 1½ hours without traffic delays.
Which city is best in Canada for PR?
- 10) Guelph, Ontario. Estimated unemployment rate: 4.8%
- 9) St. Albert, Alberta.
- 8) Regina, Saskatchewan. Estimated unemployment rate: 5.2%
- 7) Burlington, Ontario.
- 6) Saanich, British Columbia.
- 5) Delta, British Columbia.
- 4) Brossard, Quebec.
- 3) Waterloo, Ontario.
Is Jarvis Street Toronto safe?
Just about ANYWHERE a tourist would go in Toronto will be safe. Just use your usual “street smarts”. With that said, Jarvis Street is home to a number of social service offices and shelters. You will encounter panhandlers and others in the area, but you will be safe.
Is Jane and Finch safe?
Statistically, violent crime is high in Jane and Finch. According to Toronto police data, 31 Division – which has an area of responsibility in western North York – in the past 10 years it has seen far more shootings than any other of the city’s 17 police divisions.
Is Toronto safer than London?
A CEOWORLD magazine ranked Toronto as the 95th safest city in the world for 2018, running behind several other major cities like Tokyo, London, Osaka, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taipei but safer than most cities in North America.
Is Toronto safer than New York?
I would say Toronto most definitely. Less class inequality, less crime, much less guns around. There’s no (bad areas) to the extent of new York. Less people so better quality of life.
Is it safe to walk in Toronto at night?
The downtown core of Toronto is pretty safe during normal times, especially because it’s typically populated with people commuting and cars stuck in traffic on the streets. … Obviously you’ll want to avoid dark and isolated areas, but it’s generally safe to walk in downtown Toronto at night, even for women.
Which city is safer Toronto or Montreal?
Safety in Montreal vs Toronto Both are very safe for tourists and I would not worry more than anywhere else about being safe. Toronto does have slightly higher crime stats but not it touristy areas.
Is Vancouver better than Toronto?
Vancouver is undoubtedly a bustling place too, but it just doesn’t quite have the global city vibe that Toronto has. The nightlife, shopping and eating options are generally better than Vancouver. If you’re looking to live in a Canadian New York City, Toronto is the place for you.
Is it cheaper to live in Toronto or London?
Cost of living in Toronto (Canada) is 28% cheaper than in London (United Kingdom)
Is NYC better than Toronto?
Toronto vs New York: The Winner! The truth is they both have a special place in my heart. Toronto is welcoming and easier to afford to live and go out. This city is much calmer and slower-paced compared to New York. I think it’s the perfect city for people who may be too overwhelmed living in the chaos that is NYC.