- 1 How do I spend a day in downtown Toronto?
- 2 Is Toronto safe?
- 3 Is Toronto colder than New York?
- 4 What months are summer in Toronto?
- 5 What is Toronto best known for?
- 6 Do I need a passport to go to Toronto?
- 7 Is it cold in Toronto in May?
- 8 How long is winter in Toronto?
- 9 How bad is winter in Toronto?
- 10 Is food expensive in Canada?
- 11 Is New York more expensive than Toronto?
- 12 Is it safe to walk in downtown Toronto?
- 13 What is there to do in Toronto early morning?
- 14 What is there to do in downtown Toronto at night?
- 15 What should I avoid in Toronto?
The best times to visit Toronto are late April through May and September through October. Peak tourist season occurs during the summer months: the sidewalks come alive with pedestrian marketplaces, patio restaurants and numerous cultural events.
Additionally, how many days do you need in Toronto? Best in 3 to 5 Days Itinerary. To see and experience all that is Toronto, you should plan a stay of at least a week (preferably in spring, summer, or fall — winters can be bitter, though no worse than a winter in New York City).
In this regard, what is the coldest month in Toronto? Average Temperature in Toronto The cold season lasts for 3.4 months, from December 3 to March 16, with an average daily high temperature below 39°F. The coldest month of the year in Toronto is January, with an average low of 18°F and high of 30°F.
Likewise, is Toronto expensive to visit? Prices in Toronto are generally in line with large American cities like New York City and Los Angeles, but as the Canadian dollar strengthened against the US dollar, the city has become a bit expensive for most tourists.
Quick Answer, what is the rainiest month in Toronto?
- Most rainy days are in January.
- On average, January is the most rainy with 15 days of rain/snow.
- On average, July is the driest month with 10 rainy days.
- The average annual amount of rainy days is: 146.
So, a trip to Toronto for two people for one week costs on average CA$3,148 ($2,507). All of these average travel prices have been collected from other travelers to help you plan your own travel budget. A vacation to Toronto for one week usually costs around CA$1,574 for one person.
How do I spend a day in downtown Toronto?
- Start your day at Union Station.
- Have breakfast at St. Lawrence Market.
- Explore the Distillery District.
- Live on The Edge on CN Tower.
- Have lunch in Kensington Market.
- Check out Queen Street West.
- Shop at Eaton Centre and Bloor Street.
- Watch the sunset at the Harbourfront.
Is Toronto safe?
OVERALL RISK : LOW Toronto is the least dangerous city in North America and among the top safest cities in the world. However, like any other big city, some crime problems exist and some areas should be avoided by tourists.
Is Toronto colder than New York?
NYC is slightly warmer in the winter and spring due to its temperature being moderated by the ocean, whereas Toronto’s temperature is slightly warmer during the Summer and fall due to Lake Ontario being much warmer than the Atlantic ocean during this time.
What months are summer in Toronto?
Summer months in Toronto are from June to September. The summers in Toronto can be hot and humid with a few smog days thrown in. Summer temps in Toronto can range anywhere between 20°C to 35°C (68°F to 95°F).
What is Toronto best known for?
Toronto is known for its multiculturalism, sports, and unique landmarks, such as the CN Tower. This bustling city features various cuisines, architectural mixtures, and a long history. Toronto is also home to one of the world’s largest film festivals, the Toronto International Film Festival.
Do I need a passport to go to Toronto?
Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens. Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship.
Is it cold in Toronto in May?
Toronto Weather in May During the daytime, it will be warm, but evenings can still be chilly. In Toronto, the average high temperature is 63 degrees Fahrenheit (17 degrees Celsius) and the average low temperature is 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7 degrees Celsius).
How long is winter in Toronto?
Winter in Toronto runs from late November to mid-March and is cold: the average temperature, about -5.5 °C (22 °F) in January, is similar to that of northern European cities like Oslo.
How bad is winter in Toronto?
Toronto has a semi-continental climate, with a warm, humid summer and a cold winter. … Although Toronto is one of Canada’s warmer cities in winter, winters are still severe, with snow on the ground most days between mid-December and mid-March. Snow deeper than 1 cm is seen on 65 days a year on average.
Is food expensive in Canada?
Higher food prices across Canada are making some items much more expensive. In October, meat had increased in price by 6.9% between August 2020 and August 2021. Bacon and ham went up even more, by 10.9%. … Other items which have surged in price are homogenized milk, butter, apples and instant coffee.
Is New York more expensive than Toronto?
Cost of living in New York City (United States) is 40% more expensive than in Toronto (Canada)
Is it safe to walk in downtown Toronto?
The downtown core of Toronto is pretty safe during normal times, especially because it’s typically populated with people commuting and cars stuck in traffic on the streets. … Obviously you’ll want to avoid dark and isolated areas, but it’s generally safe to walk in downtown Toronto at night, even for women.
What is there to do in Toronto early morning?
- Royal Ontario Museum.
- Art Gallery of Ontario.
- The Bata Shoe Museum.
- Casa Loma.
- The “Toronto Sign” at Nathan Phillips Square.
What is there to do in downtown Toronto at night?
- Get Tickets to a Pro Sports Game.
- Go Skydiving at iFly Toronto.
- Niagara Falls Illuminations.
- Stuff Your Face on a Food Tour.
- Tour the Distillery District.
- Hop on an Evening Cruise.
- See the City from the CN Tower.
- Catch a Performance.
What should I avoid in Toronto?
Toronto is overall a safe city, especially considering its size, but you may want to avoid the following areas: Jane & Finch area, St. Jamestown, Regent Park & Moss Park, Cabbagetown (after dark), Kipling & Albion area, Neilson & Finch, and the Malvern area.