- 1 Which city is more expensive Amsterdam or Paris?
- 2 How many days do you need in Amsterdam?
- 3 Is Amsterdam close to Italy?
- 4 Is Germany near Amsterdam?
- 5 Is Paris close to Netherlands?
- 6 Is Amsterdam worth visiting?
- 7 Is food expensive in Amsterdam?
- 8 Is Paris better than Amsterdam?
- 9 How do you say hello in Amsterdam?
- 10 Can I use US dollars in Amsterdam?
- 11 Is Amsterdam expensive to live?
- 12 What is illegal in Amsterdam?
Paris to Amsterdam distance The flight distance from Paris to Amsterdam is 430km (267 miles).
You asked, what is the cheapest way to get from Paris to Amsterdam? Taking the bus is the cheapest way to travel from Paris to Amsterdam. Buses traveling from Paris to Amsterdam depart from either Paris’ Gare Bercy, Porte Maillot, or Routiere Gallieni bus stations and take at least 6:45 h to arrive at Amsterdam’s Sloterdijk bus station.
Correspondingly, do they speak English in Amsterdam? The official language of the Netherlands is Dutch. The majority of Amsterdam‘s residents speak English well and are often fluent in one or two languages on top of that. You can usually get by effortlessly in Amsterdam without a knowing word of Dutch.
Additionally, what should I avoid in Amsterdam?
- Accommodation booking scams.
- Taking a car into the center of Amsterdam.
- Tram, bus or train riding without a valid ticket.
- Avoid walking along the bicycle lanes.
- Do not smoke in trains and train stations.
- Avoid using cannabis in public.
- No pictures of the Red Light District’s windows.
Moreover, what city is closest to Paris?
- 231 km to Charleroi, Belgium.
- 263 km to Brussels, Belgium.
- 264 km to Ghent, Belgium.
- 303 km to Antwerp, Belgium.
- 305 km to Rennes, France.
- 338 km to Nantes, France.
- 344 km to London, United Kingdom.
- 348 km to Aachen, Germany.
Which city is more expensive Amsterdam or Paris?
When we compare the travel costs of actual travelers between Amsterdam and Paris, we can see that Paris is more expensive. And not only is Amsterdam much less expensive, but it is actually a significantly cheaper destination.
How many days do you need in Amsterdam?
How long is the average trip to Amsterdam? Typically, 3 to 4 days is quite enough to enjoy the beauty of the “city of canals.” You’ll even get some extra time to take a half-day tour, to see the beautiful tulips at the Keukenhof Gardens.
Is Amsterdam close to Italy?
The distance between Amsterdam and Italy is 1229 km. The road distance is 1649.1 km.
Is Germany near Amsterdam?
The distance between Amsterdam and Germany is 407 km. The road distance is 661.2 km.
Is Paris close to Netherlands?
Distance from Netherlands to Paris is 420 kilometers. The air travel (bird fly) shortest distance between Netherlands and Paris is 420 km= 261 miles. If you travel with an airplane (which has average speed of 560 miles) from Netherlands to Paris, It takes 0.47 hours to arrive.
Is Amsterdam worth visiting?
“Yes!” Amsterdam is absolutely worth visiting for new and experienced travelers. I had a lot more fun in Amsterdam than I had originally expected (which is why you don’t believe everything you read in travel forums), and at this point, I would recommend the city to anyone coming to Europe.
Is food expensive in Amsterdam?
While meal prices in Amsterdam can vary, the average cost of food in Amsterdam is €33 per day. … Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in Amsterdam is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
Is Paris better than Amsterdam?
Paris is more beautiful but Amsterdam is interesting with its special canals and quaint architecture. … Paris is much more spread out and requires endless walking to get to places on foot – you typically take the metro or buses. Amsterdam is easier to wander and explore. Amsterdam is much more bike-friendly than Paris.
How do you say hello in Amsterdam?
- Hallo (“HAH low”)—Hello. Universal greeting for hello (and by far the easiest to say).
- Hoi (“hoy”)—Hi. Used more often with people you know.
- Goedemorgen (“KHOO duh MORE khen”)—Good morning.
- Goedenmiddag (“KHOO duh midakh”)—Good afternoon.
- Goedenavond (“KHOO dun AH fohnt”)—Good evening.
Can I use US dollars in Amsterdam?
Money and currency In Amsterdam, as well as in all the Netherlands and many other countries of European Community the accepted currency is Euro (EUR, €), no other currencies are commonly accepted, so you will have to change your dollars, sterling, yens, etc to Euros.
Is Amsterdam expensive to live?
Amsterdam is a moderately expensive city to live in. The cost of living is high, but not as high as other European cities like London. … The rental market in Amsterdam is more affordable, but still pricey. To live in the city center in a 1 bedroom apartment the average cost is about $1,490 USD.
What is illegal in Amsterdam?
The Dutch have divided drugs into two groups, depending on their influence on human health – soft drugs and hard drugs. Hard drugs as cocaine, LSD, morphine, heroin are forbidden in the Netherlands as in any other country.