- 1 How do I spend a day in Tobermory?
- 2 What is there to do in Tobermory for 2 days?
- 3 Where should I stay when visiting Tobermory?
- 4 How much is the ferry from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island?
- 5 Is it worth going to Flowerpot island?
- 6 How do I plan a trip to the Bruce Peninsula?
- 7 Does Tobermory have waterfalls?
- 8 Is it worth going to Manitoulin Island?
- 9 Is Sauble Beach Safe?
- 10 What is there to do in Tobermory for free?
- 11 Can you swim at Tobermory?
- 12 Is Bruce Peninsula Open?
The truth is, you can do a one day trip to Tobermory from Toronto, if you are willing to wake up early! The trick to making it happen is timing. We headed out very early in the morning and drove up Highway 6 from the Burlington area to escape the suburban sprawl.
Frequent question, how many days do you need to visit Tobermory? Our trip to Tobermory spanned two days, including the drive, so you can easily enjoy this trip without booking any extra vacation days from work. Make sure you check out our detailed road trip packing list to make sure you have everything you need for a memorable holiday.
Likewise, is Tobermory worth visiting? Year after year scuba divers visit the peninsula to dive into its clear turquoise water and explore Tobermory’s famous shipwrecks. Tobermory and the entire Bruce Peninsula are worth a visit if you are a nature lover – it is such a unique place in Canada that it made it into our Canadian travel bucket list.
Also, how far is Tobermory from Toronto? The distance between Toronto and Tobermory is 254 km. The road distance is 296.5 km. How do I travel from Toronto to Tobermory without a car? The best way to get from Toronto to Tobermory without a car is to bus which takes 5h 15m and costs $60 – $100.
Best answer for this question, where should I stop between Toronto and Tobermory?
- Terra Nova Public House Restaurant and Pub.
- Spirit Rock Conservation Area.
- Greig’s Caves.
- Rachel’s Bakery & Fifties Diner.
- Fathom Five National Marine Park.
- Leeside Restaurant & Patio Bar.
- Shipwreck Lee’s of Tobermory.
Exploring Tobermory. If you’re planning a day trip from Toronto to Tobermory that involves hiking and exploring the trails at Bruce Peninsula National Park, I have one recommendation for you. Head straight into the town first.
How do I spend a day in Tobermory?
- 1.) Take a Boat Tour to see the two Shipwrecks in Big Tub Harbour.
- Take a boat to Flowerpot Island.
- 3.) Visit The Grotto in Bruce Peninsula National Park.
- 4.) Have ice cream at The Sweet Shop on Bay Street.
- 5.) Visit Singing Sands Beach.
What is there to do in Tobermory for 2 days?
- Indian Headcove. Indian Headcove.
- Natural Arch and The Grotto.
- Hike the Bruce Trail.
- Take a boat tour.
- Walk along the Marina in Little Tub Harbour.
- Enjoy fish and chips.
- Explore local shops in Tobermory.
- Flowerpot Island.
Where should I stay when visiting Tobermory?
- Cedar Vista Motel – Tobermory.
- Tobermory Resort Inn & Suites – Tobermory – Bedroom.
- Mikinaak Cottage & Cabin Rentals – Tobermory – Bedroom.
- Peacock Villa Motel – Tobermory.
- Little Tub Harbour Cottage – Tobermory – Outdoors view.
- Grandview Motel – Tobermory.
How much is the ferry from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island?
The quickest way to get from Tobermory to Manitoulin Island is to car ferry and taxi which costs $110 – $180 and takes 2h 56m.
Is it worth going to Flowerpot island?
The interior of the island has some really good hiking trails that are worthwhile doing. The main attraction is the croppy outgrowth of rock that is the “Flowerpot”. The walk to there is well worth it.
How do I plan a trip to the Bruce Peninsula?
- Hit the Right Beach at the Right Time.
- Plan Your Accommodations & Popular Activities in Advance.
- Get to Know Your Transit Options & Safe Driving Practices on the Bruce.
- Find Public Facilities En Route.
- Take These Important Phone Numbers.
Does Tobermory have waterfalls?
Hoggs Falls In just under 2hours you can be in the small town of Flesherton. Tucked away on Lower Valley Rd is a parking lot you can leave your car at and hike the Hoggs Falls Loop. … Hoggs Falls is particularly amazing in the winter because of the 25-metre waterfall freezes.
Is it worth going to Manitoulin Island?
Why it’s worth the trip There are lots of “firsts” that make Manitoulin unusual and appealing. First, it is the largest freshwater island lake on the planet. It’s also home to Canada’s first European settlement, the town Manitowaning, and the historic Anishinaabe settlement.
Is Sauble Beach Safe?
In its most recent weekly testing on June 26, the Grey Bruce Health Unit found 16 E. coli bacteria per 100 mL of water, meaning 11-kilometre Sauble Beach is safe for swimming. (The province considers a maximum of 100 safe, while Health Canada’s limit is 200.)
What is there to do in Tobermory for free?
- Big Tub Lighthouse. 316. Lighthouses. By 488willyg.
- Circle Arts. Art Galleries.
- Tobermory Harbour. Marinas.
- The Sweet Shop. Speciality & Gift Shops.
- Golden Gallery Tobermory. Speciality & Gift Shops • Paint & Pottery Studios.
- Reader’s Haven Book Store.
Can you swim at Tobermory?
Swimming Spots Lake Huron Singing Sands Beach Public, sandy beach, shallow warm water, a couple of easy hiking trails, public washroom/change rooms. Part of Bruce Peninsula National Park. Directions – Turn off Highway 6 onto Dorcas Bay Rd. Singing Sands Entry will be on the Right hand side.
Is Bruce Peninsula Open?
Most of the Bruce Trail is open. As parks, conservation areas, municipalities and other landowners make changes to the status of their land and facilities, we will update this page.