The government has decided to extend the restrictions in force in Casablanca and neighboring provinces for an additional 4 weeks, from this Sunday, November 22 at 9 p.m.
According to a press release released this Saturday, November 21, the prefectures of Casablanca and Mohammedia as well as the provinces of Nouaceur, Mediouna, Berrechid and Benslimane are concerned.
The renewed restrictions are:
– The ban on night travel from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., with the exception of travel for medical or professional reasons,
– The obligation to have an exceptional authorization to travel between the aforementioned prefectures and provinces, issued by the competent local authorities,
– The closure of local land and gardens,
– Cafes, restaurants, shops and shopping centers close at 8 p.m.,
– The stop of transport by bus and tram at 9 p.m.,
– The closing of local markets at 3 p.m.,
– Encouragement of teleworking when possible.
The other restrictive measures: Closure of sports halls, hammams, ban on gatherings of more than 10 people, remain in force.
The government press release specifies that these decisions are made following the conclusions of the daily monitoring and regular evaluation operations carried out by the watch and monitoring committees, and in accordance with the recommendations of the scientific and technical commission on the need to continue the necessary measures. to deal with the spread of the coronavirus.