As part of the 2020-2022 Program Contract and in the wake of the efforts made to revive tourism activity, in particular through the implementation of anti-Covid 19 health measures, the Ministry of Tourism and Handicrafts, of Air Transport and Social Economy announces the establishment of the “Welcome Safely” label.
Based on a benchmark built according to a customer journey logic, the label defines the requirements, recommendations and recommendations that must be respected by Tourist Accommodation Establishments (EHT) to prevent and manage any risk of contamination by Covid-19 , indicates the ministry.
The label thus aims to strengthen the competitiveness of EHT and to include them in a process of continuous improvement in order to best meet the expectations of national and international customers who are increasingly demanding in terms of hygiene and health safety.
A pledge of confidence in the ‘Morocco’ destination and guarantor of its positioning as a safe and healthy destination on the international tourist scene, the label will also constitute an opportunity to distinguish and promote establishments that comply with said health requirements.
The “Welcome Safely” label reference system, the result of collaboration with Bureau Veritas and its partner Wellhospitality, was developed in a consultation process with partners from the Department of Tourism (Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Health, IMANOR , ONSSA, FNIH,…).
It reconciles on the one hand, between ease of deployment, economic efficiency and the social dimension and, on the other hand, capitalizes on the best practices observed at the international level and the recommendations of the World Tourism Organization and subject matter experts.
Applicable throughout the health crisis, the repository will be regularly updated with new scientific recommendations and other good practices, depending on any changes in the Covid-19 pandemic.
Also and in order to ensure the proper deployment of the “Welcome Safely” label, the digital platform www.welcomesafely.ma is put at the service of Moroccan EHT to support and assist them in the labeling process which is based on: I / compliance with the health safety standards, II / capacity building and staff training.
Thus and after registering, the platform will allow each operator to:
– Consult the health safety reference system.
– Carry out a self-assessment to identify the level of compliance of his establishment with respect to the reference system.
– Benefit free of charge from the training and capacity building of all its staff in terms of hygiene and health security to know precisely the gestures and measures to be applied for all risky tasks to be carried out on a daily basis. The staff of each establishment will thus be able to benefit from 41 training modules available online and in French and Arabic. These modules cover 29 functions and 6 job families (reception, maintenance, catering, cooking, well-being and administrative jobs).
– Ensure the follow-up of the good progress of the training through monitoring indicators in the space dedicated to each establishment at the level of the platform piloting cockpit.
– Apply for the “Welcome Safely” label, after having complied with the requirements of the standard and after all of its staff have successfully completed the training modules. To this end, the operator will have to use one of the approved service providers to trigger a compliance audit on the ground.
Today, all classified Moroccan tourist accommodation establishments are invited to register on the www.welcomesafely.ma platform to comply and initiate the process of obtaining the “Welcome Safely” label.